Director, Technical Assistance Program Management
Chiefs for Change is a nonprofit, bipartisan network of diverse state and district education chiefs. With more than three dozen members, our work is focused on advocacy, leadership development, and member support.
We are positioned to rapidly spread bold policies and practices, as we have:
- National reach—Our members lead education systems with more than 7 million students, 454,000 teachers, and 14,000 schools.
- Diverse contexts—Our network is diverse in terms of race, gender, political affiliation, and geography.
- A model for disseminating promising ideas—We work with our members, excellent technical assistance providers, and top-tier research institutions to scale innovative approaches designed to improve student learning.
To learn more about Chiefs for Change, please visit chiefsforchange.org.
The technical assistance team works with our chiefs in residence and a network of consultants to provide requested technical support in our members’ systems. This involves meeting with chiefs to understand their needs and help them craft programs to meet those needs across a variety of areas. The person in this role will drive the alignment of resources needed to deliver high-quality, high-impact programs; help scales their adoption; inform strategic direction.
Chiefs for Change is a virtual organization. The director of technical assistance program management is remote and can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Provide proactive and professional relationship management to members, leading or participating in planning/strategy alignment sessions, member calls, and site visits
- Collaborate with members, consultants, chiefs in residence, and staff to understand a system’s needs and develop a clear problem definition
- Develop solutions based on a theory of action (the “why”) and logic model (the “how”)
- Identify program objectives, tasks, processes, deliverables, and timelines attached to solution development
- Establish clear roles, responsibilities, and expectations across working groups and ensure that commitments are honored
- Monitor contract fulfillment
- Collect and analyze data to understand the extent of a problem/challenge
- Identify and track key performance indicators and metrics to measure impact; create dashboards for transparency and accountability
- Regularly update leadership on program progress
- Perform quality control across all deliverables to meet or exceed high-quality standards
- Plan and facilitate coaching sessions
- Solicit and act on member feedback to help ensure that the adoption and usage of tools and artifacts meet desired outcomes
- Tell the story: document milestones and communicate success stories
- Develop creative ways to scale approaches that make a positive difference for students
- Analyze trends and patterns across the Chiefs for Change membership
- The ability to think, plan, innovate, and execute resourcefully
- Goal-driven, organized and efficient
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally in a K-12 setting
- Program management experience in planning, organizing, and implementing programs with positive results
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work streams
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
As we are a small team, we are not able to respond to each inquiry. We will reach out directly to those candidates selected to move forward in the interview process. We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all religions, genders, sexual orientations, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.