Associate, Technical Assistance Program Management
Chiefs for Change is a nonprofit, bipartisan network of diverse state and district education chiefs. With more than three dozen members, our work is focused on advocacy, leadership development, and member support.
We are positioned to rapidly spread bold policies and practices, as we have:
- National reach—Our members lead education systems with more than 7 million students, 454,000 teachers, and 14,000 schools.
- Diverse contexts—Our network is diverse in terms of race, gender, political affiliation, and geography.
- A model for disseminating promising ideas—We work with our members, excellent technical assistance providers, and top-tier research institutions to scale innovative approaches designed to improve student learning.
To learn more about Chiefs for Change, please visit chiefsforchange.org.
Team: Chiefs for Change – Technical Assistance Program Management
Location: Remote (United States)
Reports to: Chief Executive, Technical Assistance Program Management
Chiefs for Change, a district and state education leader network, is seeking a Senior Associate to drive departmental excellence in the Technical Assistance team. In this role, you will standardize templates, practices, processes, and platforms to support and enable the ongoing work of the department. You will contribute to knowledge sharing by conducting proactive research on members' systems, industry trends, and implications for our technical assistance engagements. Additionally, you will engage members through light-touch engagements and coordination of communities of practice. Join us in supporting educational transformation.
Project Management and Program Enablement:
- Manage the pipeline of systems receiving technical assistance, ensuring progress and timely follow-up from initial outreach to project conclusion.
- Utilize project management software to record and monitor project scopes, timelines, and deliverables in collaboration with technical assistance system leads.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular check-ins with the technical assistance team, chiefs in residence, and consulting partners to problem-solve and monitor progress.
- Support program reporting to funders.
- Conduct research on industry trends, key developments in members' systems, and pressing challenges in public education.
- Utilize the organization's customer relationship management platform to develop and maintain a record of key technical assistance interactions with systems. Create reports on members' interactions with Chiefs for Change to inform technical assistance engagements.
- Drive collaboration within and across departments. Maintain the technical assistance department's file directory and folders for efficient information sharing.
Light Touch Engagement Facilitation:
- Support scoping calls with systems to identify opportunities for light-touch engagements, such as workshops. Coordinate planning and logistics with system leads.
- Map resources, timing, supplies, tools, and other logistics with clear owners to ensure successful execution.
- Collaborate with facilitators to customize content and develop run-of-show for light-touch engagements. Provide on-site support, including content delivery.
- Summarize key takeaways to foster continued dialogue with systems and identify future support opportunities.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to organize data into useful, actionable information.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- 5+ years of highly relevant professional experience.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%, with seasonal variability.
Travel Requirement: This position involves approximately 25% travel, with seasonal variability.
As we are a small team, we are not able to respond to each inquiry. We will reach out directly to those candidates selected to move forward in the interview process. We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all religions, genders, sexual orientations, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.